Welcome to Manitoba’s Access to Justice Hub
This space is dedicated to fostering communication and collaboration across the A2J community in Manitoba.
Important Clarification: Please note that the Access to Justice Hub does not provide legal advice. We are here to serve as a platform for connecting A2J-focused organizations and to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information. The content provided on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as a substitute for professional legal advice.
What is Manitoba’s Access to Justice Hub?
Manitoba’s Access to Justice Hub represents a commitment to building a coherent, collaborative, and coordinated approach to addressing the justice system. An extension of the Director of Access to Justice and Community Engagement’s office at the University of Manitoba’s Faculty of Law, this platform is a central location for existing participants in the A2J network to connect to their community. On this website you will find the A2J Blog, the latest Manitoba Access to Justice Stakeholders newsletter, information on Access to Justice Week and its participants, and information about the newly appointed Access to Justice Advisory Network and its members.
Manitoba’s Access to Justice Hub Philosophy:
- While there continue to be a multitude of challenges faced by individuals navigating the legal system, we recognize the distinct roles of many participants in the justice system who are currently working to address inadequacies and meaningfully bridge the gaps in A2J.
- A2J focused organizations are making substantive impacts, and the continuation of these improvements rely on A2J participants focusing on those areas which it has primary responsibility.
- The Access to Justice Hub seeks to avoid duplication of effort and activity where it is already taking place.
- However, there is a significant need for connection across the greater A2J community, and this is the role we mean to occupy.
- Connection facilitates efficient coordination between distinct efforts, and ultimately, more efficiently assists Manitobans.
Manitoba’s Access to Justice Hub Purpose:
We hope this platform will support allyship, but also provide a source to understand the many bodies working towards access to justice in Manitoba. Serving as a central hub, the legal community can access up to date information about their A2J partners through the newsletter, browse access to justice issues in the blog, and find information about Access to Justice Week and its participants. Whether you are a legal professional, a community organization, or a law student, we are here to facilitate connection and communication.
We believe that collaboration is the cornerstone of progress in A2J. By joining together, we can amplify our impact, advocate for change, and create a more inclusive legal system that serves all Manitobans. We encourage you to sign up for our newsletter so that we can stay connected. Thank you for visiting Manitoba Access to Justice. Explore our platform, join our community, and let us work together towards a brighter future for access to justice in Manitoba.